The National Service Scheme (NSS) on Thursday set Monday May 11 as the deadline for prospective national service applicants to submit enrollment details to undertake the 2015/2016 national service year.
A statement issued in Accra and signed by the Dr Micheal Kpessa-Whyte, the NSS Acting Executive Director, urges all prospective national service personnel who are yet to enroll to do so immediately to avoid being locked out of the national service programme this year.
The statement said timely submission of information by prospective national service personnel is crucial for effective management of the scheme.
The statement said: “it is only when prospective national service personnel enroll in a timely manner, that the Management of the Scheme will be able to ensure that deployed and placement information of personnel are released early to achieve the objectives of the Scheme’s new posting calendar”.
The Management of the Scheme earlier this year announced changes in the posting arrangements and subsequently released registration PINs for prospective service personnel to facilitate their enrollment into the 2015/2016 service programme.