Home / General News / Court adjourns Obengfo murder case for a month

Court adjourns Obengfo murder case for a month

Share this with more people!

The Police have asked for a month to enable them complete investigations to ascertain certain facts requested by the Attorney General’s Department following the release of its interim report on Dr Kwame Obeng-Andoh’s murder case.

According to Chief Inspector Simon Apoirsornu, the police needed a month to complete the said investigations.

The court presided over by Ms Afua Ghartey obliged the prosecution’s request and adjourned the matter to March 12.

On January 12, this year the Police informed the court that it had received an interim report from the Attorney General’s office on the alleged murder case involving Dr Obeng-Andoh aka Obengfo, Proprietor of Obengfo Hospital at Weija.

The Police say the AG had tasked them to ascertain certain facts and report back for the final legal advise on the case docket of the accused person and his accomplice Edward Amponsah, a cleaner at the hospital who is also being held on the charge of impersonation.

Obengfo is standing trial for allegedly murdering Stacy Offei Darko, former Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme (NEIP) who had visited Obengfo’s facility.

Obengfo and Amponsah are currently on bail.

Its is the case of the prosecution that the complainant is Nana Akosua Animah, mother of Stacy.

The Prosecution said on May 20, last year, Stacy went to the Obengfo hospital for a liposuction and fat transfer surgery, but she died at about 1600 hours the following day.

The Prosecution said on May 22, last year, based on the advice of Obengfo, Amponsah sent the body to three different mortuary facilities, but the body was rejected because a close relative must be present before it could be accepted in those morgues.

According to the Prosecution Amponsah, subsequently, sent the body to Saint Gregory Hospital Morgue at Buduburam where he falsely presented himself as biological brother of the deceased and thus authorized the body to be embalmed.

The Prosecution said the body was therefore kept at the morgue without the knowledge of the deceased ‘s relations.

According to the Prosecution, Stacy’s relations however got wind of the incident on May 24, last year and reported the matter to the Police.

Prosecution said when the body was inspected at the morgue, it found fresh multiple surgery scars on some parts. The body was then transferred to the Korle- Bu Teaching Hospital for autopsy. Stacy has since been buried.

Source: GNA

Share this with more people!

Check Also

University of Ghana suspends leadership of Commonwealth Hall

The University of Ghana Council has suspended the Hall Master and Senior Tutor of the …