The Ghanaian pound for pound young boxer says he has got the shot to face either the defending champion, Jessie Magdaleno (25-0, 18 KO’s) or Caesar Juarez (20-5-0, 15KO’s), who face each other on October 31 in the United States of America.
Speaking to the Ghana News Agency at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel on Friday, Isaac Dogbe said he is ready to win a world title for Ghana regardless of who he faces.
“The world title is now what the entire nation is looking for and I believe that I can bring that joy to the people again. Team Dogbe wants to restore the lost glory of Ghana Boxing and I can only do that with help and support of the entire nation”, Dobge said.
Meanwhile a management member of team Dogbe, Dr. Donald Agumenu Senanu appealed to Corporate Ghana to come to their aid as they prepare for the important boxing bout later this year.
Team Dogbe said they would need a whopping $3 million to facilitate the activities of the bout.
“We would like to thank all Ghanaians for their immense support so far, Isaac Dogbe is ready to make Ghana proud again in the world of boxing.
“Amidst all the challenges, he has proven to be a warrior. It was not a surprise for us when he knocked out Javier Chacon last month.
“It is therefore appropriate for Corporate Ghana to associate with Team Dogbe and help promote Ghana Boxing.
“We appreciate your support for Isaac but we need more of that and we are calling on all corporate organisations to join us, whether from the public service, telecommunications, hospitality, media etc.
“We must help to promote a talented son of Ghana and African Boxing as a whole“, Dr. Agumenu Senanu said.