What is going on in my case? – Alleged MP killer asks court

Daniel Asiedu

Daniel Aseidu, one of the suspects in the murder of J. B. Danquah, Member of Parliament for Abuakwa North, has quizzed a District Court in Accra as to what was going on in his case.

Asiedu said: “My lord I don’t understand what is going on. I don’t understand the beginning and the end of the matter. Please have the Police finish with investigations. What causes delay at the Attorney General’s Office?

Asiedu during court proceedings raise his hand up to address the Court and said: “Please My Lord I want you to help me. I need some toiletries to use in cells. I pray the court to order the Police to also release my phone so I can give it to my pregnant girlfriend residing at Agbogboloshie”.

The Court presided over by Mr Stephen Owusu explaining the trial proceedings to Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon said that the Police had completed their investigations and forwarded a duplicate docket to the Attorney General’s (AG’s) Office for advice.

According to the judge, based on the advice of the AG the Court would then commence with a committal process which would enable him appear before the High Court for trial to commence.

“If the evidence of the Police supports the facts then I would have to ask you certain questions at the Court,” the Judge noted.

“On the other hand if the AG fails to establish any case against you, I will make it known to you. Let’s pray that the advice of the AG is received early”.

On Asiedu’s request for access to his mobile phone, the Judge explained that: “For now you cannot get access to your mobile phone because it’s one of the exhibits tendered by the Police”.

The Judge therefore advised Asiedu to communicate through his father who constantly pays him visits in cells to the pregnant girlfriend.

According to the Court, enquiries from Aseidu’s counsel, Mr Augustine Obuor who had worked with the AG’s Office before about the causes of delays; Mr Obour attributed delays to the volumes of work and the few staffs to handle it.

The Judge said it would be difficult for the Court to know who had been assigned to work on Asiedu’s docket at the AG’s office.

Meanwhile it is on record that Association of State Attorneys are on an indefinite strike which has negatively affected criminal cases at the various courts nationwide.

The Association on October 19 this year, declared an indefinite strike over government’s failure to meet their salary demands.

Vincent Bosso, an accomplice on the other hand requested the Court to order the Police to send him to a barbering shop to have his bushy hair shave.  

Their counsel, Mr Obuor did not turn up in court today. The case has been adjourned to December 28.

The facts of the case are that: Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon and Vincent Bosso are being held for murder of the late MP in an incident which occurred on February 9, 2016, at the MP’s Shaishie residence.

Bosso has been charged with abetment of crime to wit murder and both pleas had not been taken.

According to Chief Superintendent Francis Baah, the Prosecutor; on February 8, at about 2340 hours the deceased came home in his private vehicle driven by his driver Samuel Berko Sarkodie.

Prosecution said the driver having brought his master home handed over the ignition keys to him and left for his residence at Kasoa, while the deceased then retired to his bedroom upstairs.

He said at about 0100 hrs, Asiedu and Bosso, armed, went to the house of the deceased, Asiedu after entering the house picked up a ladder and climbed to the porch of the top floor and entered the bedroom of the deceased through the window while the deceased was asleep.

“Asiedu began to search the room and the noise woke up the deceased who held him. Asiedu resisted and stabbed the deceased on the right chest above the breast”.

The Prosecution said the deceased held the knife and Asiedu pulled the knife through the deceased hands creating a deep cut in his palm.

Prosecution said the deceased who was bleeding profusely fell by his bed helpless and Asiedu stabbed him several times on the right chest and neck.

Realizing that the deceased was almost dead, Asiedu left him and took away his three iphones.

The Prosecutor said the struggle that ensued between the deceased drew the attention of the security man who alerted other security men within the vicinity.

Mr Baah said Bosso realising danger took to his heels leaving Asiedu behind.

Asiedu, however, managed to descend from deceased room to the back house, climbed one of the poly tanks in the house and jumped over the electric fence into the adjoining house and escaped.

He said the security man then called the police emergency line and informed them of the situation.

When the Police arrived the victim was already dead and his body was conveyed to the Police Hospital mortuary.

On February 15, an autopsy was performed on the deceased body by a Pathologist from the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital who gave the cause of death as “” Exsanguination and multiple stab injuries on anterior and chest.”

Prosecution said Police investigations led to the arrest of accused persons who stated that their aim of going to the deceased house was to steal.

The Prosecutor said Asiedu explained that the deceased struggled with him when he entered the room and this compelled him to use the knife on him.

Source: GNA

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.