The affected persons are to do the re-registration at the district offices of the EC in the areas where they registered.
All affected persons would be required to present their existing Voter ID cards or show proof of identity. They would only be registered on providing proof of citizenship, age and that they are of sound mind in accordance with the requirements of the law.
The EC announced in Accra that in all, 56,772 NHIS card registrants have had their names deleted from the Register in compliance with the orders from the Supreme Court.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday at the EC head office, Mr Samuel Tettey, Director of Electoral Services at the Commission, together with Mr Eric Kofi Dzakpasu, the Head of Communications, and Mr Alhassan Yusif Ayuba, Assistant Head of Communications told journalists that the NHIS card registrants whose name had been deleted would be published in the Daily Graphic before July 18.
Mr Tettey said the EC would also publish the names of affected persons at the offices of the various district assemblies and the Commission’s district offices, as well as ensure that the list of the registrants at the district offices had pictures to ensure that only persons affected by the judgment were given the opportunity to re-register.
He said during an Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) meeting held on Tuesday, it was agreed that the EC would provide the list of all deleted NHIS card registrants to political parties and hold the exhibition of the provisional register for the NHIS card holders who had re-registered from August 5 to 6 at their respective polling stations.
Political parties are entitled to send agents to observe the re-registration process in line with the law, he explained.