I will send you out – Judge tells Ekow Micah

Ekow Micah
Ekow Micah

Ekow Micah, an ace musician, who is standing trial with three others in an alleged sex tape case has been warned by the court to speak to his lawyer if he has anything to say.

“I will send you out of the court the next time you repeat such an act in court, If you have anything to say speak to your lawyer,” Ms Afi Agbanu Kudimor, presiding, told Micah.

Micah had interjected whiles Mr Samuel Anim Addo, the Manager of Asamoah Gyan, was being cross examined by Mr Lamtiing Apanga, one of the counsels.

According to the court, at the last sitting Micah interjected during cross examination and the court asked him not to repeat that conduct. However he repeated the act when Defence counsel sought to find out from Mr Addo whether he used his personal money in the alleged extortion case.

Mr Micah then jumped and said; “Answer the question.”

Counsel Apanga, however, apologised on Micah’s behalf.

Micah, soon after the case had ended, accused journalists of taking monies from Mr Addo to publish stories.

Sarah, a student, is standing trial with three others: Osafo Anthony, a 29-year old journalist, Chris Handler, a 24-year old blogger and Ekow Micah,  43, musician, over an alleged sex video scandal involving Captain Gyan.

They have been charged with conspiracy and extortion; however, they have all denied the charges.

Answering under cross examination administered by Mr Apanga, Mr Addo maintained that in all the four audio tapes tendered in court the accused persons discussed issues relating to payment of monies.

Witness admitted baiting the accused persons, and reported the matter to the police.

Mr Addo admitted that he was not Captain Asamoah Gyan but acted on his behalf.

According to witness though he had Captain Asamoah Gyan’s Power of Attorney to act on his behalf, he did not show that Power of Attorney to the police in respect of the matter.

Witness told the court that parties in the case including Mr Maurice Ampaw, Mr Kissi Adjabeng, Ms Kwablah and the police agreed to settle the matter in relation to pregnancy issue and not rape.

According to him they agreed that they would provide Ms Kwablah maternity care and conduct a DNA test to ascertain the paternity of the unborn baby.   Meanwhile, Mr Addo has indicated that they would like to show video tape in court.

The prosecution said on September 18, the court was told that Mr Anim Addo was the complainant and a manager of Captain Gyan.

The prosecution said Anthony was an employee of Handler, and that in June, an alleged sex scandal story was carried on the electronic media and the print media involving Gyan.

The prosecution explained that in the said publication, Sarah alleged that Captain Gyan had had vaginal and anal sex with her, from which she had become pregnant.

According to the prosecutor, Sarah discussed the issue with Micah and met Anthony and Handler to discuss the issue to publish the story on their website in order to scare Gyan.

Anthony and Handler published the first story on their website and promised to release the sex tape in their subsequent editions.

The prosecution said a witness in the case read the story on their website, known as Ghanabase.com, and alerted the complainant.

The complainant contacted Anthony on phone and they threatened to release the sex tape unless a colossal amount was paid or a house was bought for Sarah.

The prosecution said in the complainant’s bid to protect the image of Captain Gyan, he asked Anthony and Handler to hold on with the publication.

The prosecution said Anthony and Handler, however, threatened to defame Gyan and they otherwise called for an urgent payment of the money.

The complainant, the prosecution said, consequently feigned interest in settling the matter.

When Handler was contacted, the Prosecutor said they charged GH¢30,000.00 but after some bargaining, and they settled on GH¢25,000.00.

He said the complainant, with Anthony and Handler, agreed to meet at the Landing Restaurant, but he thereafter reported the matter to the Police.

He said on July 29, Anthony went to the Landing Restaurant where $1,000.00; GH¢6,000.00; and a cheque for GH¢15,000.00 were given to him.

Anthony was, however, nabbed when he received the money, while the rest of the accused persons were arrested later.

The accused persons have since been granted bail.

Sarah was admitted to bail in the sum of GH¢60,000.00 with three sureties after her not guilty plea.

Anthony and Handler have also been admitted to a bail of GH¢60,000.00 with three sureties. Micah was also given a bail of GH¢20,000 with two sureties.

Sitting resumes on February 22.

Source: GNA

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.