NSS says final batch of service personnel to start work November 1
The National Service Secretariat (NSS) says the final batch of 2013/2014 national service persons numbering 2,793 are expected to start work on November 1.
Mr. Ambrose Entsiwah Junior, NSS Director of Public Relations said what accounted for the second batch of posting this year was due to the late registration by prospective service persons.
He said the Secretariat would by the close of this week or early next week issue a statement to announce the release of the final batch of the posting list.
Mr. Entsiwah, who disclosed this in an interview with the Ghana News Agency on Tuesday in Accra, said the Secretariat appreciated the patience of prospective service persons and their parents over the past few weeks, as other service persons took up their postings.
He said national service was for the good of the country, adding that, postings to any part of the country should be accepted and urged parents to encourage their wards to accept postings to every part of the country.
Mr. Entsiwah cautioned prospective service persons to be wary of fraudulent people, and asked them to direct all complaints and challenges to the Secretariat for redress.
He noted that some fraudsters, who lured prospective service persons, under the pretext of helping them change their postings for some favours had been arrested and prosecuted.
It would be recalled that on September 4, the NSS deployed over 70,000 national service persons, being the first batch of postings for the 2013/2014 service year.