Mother and daughter remanded for assault

prisonA Takoradi Circuit Court on Wednesday remanded Comfort Biney, 52, and  her 22-year-old daughter, Elizabeth Obeng who is a hairdresser, for assault.

Comfort was additionally charged with using offensive weapon.

Their pleas were not taken and they are to re-appear on April 30, 2013.

Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Veronica Tibson told the court presided by Mr Justice Kwesi Boakye that Comfort, a farmer, was an in-law to the complainant, Richard Annobil, a 32-year-old driver.

She said the accused persons and the complainant lived at Kejebil in the Ahanta West District.

The prosecution said Annobil and Elizabeth lived together as couples for six years and have a son.

Chief Inspector Tibson said Annobil realised that Elizabeth was befriending other men and cautioned her about it and  made several complaints to Comfort but the complaints fell on deaf ears.

She said rather, Comfort rained insults on Annobil and threatened to beat up Annobil if he ever made such complainants to her again.

Chief Inspector Tibson said on January 16 and 17 this year, Comfort slept outside  her marital home.

She said when Annobil was unable to locate his wife, he decided to go and complain to Comfort who got infuriated and sacked him from the house.

Chief Inspector Tibson said that on January 18, Comfort and Elizabeth forcibly entered Annobil’s room, packed Elizabeth’s belongings and took them away.

She said Annobil’s family tried to resolve the issue amicably but their interventions proved futile.

Chief Inspector Tibson said that around 21.00 hours that day, Annobil went to the house of Comfort and Elizabeth to request for his GHc400.00 which the two women allegedly took away when Elizabeth was leaving her marital home.

Chief Inspector Tibson said on seeing Annobil, Comfort approached him from behind and pushed him to the ground, adding that later Elizabeth and Comfort beat Annobil severely while he was on the ground.

Prosecution said Comfort went for a sharp knife and inflicted multiple wounds on Annobil’s face.

Chief Inspector Tibson said Annobil manged to escape and reported the incident to the Police who issued him with a medical form to go to hospital for treatment.

She said that the accused admitted the offences in their cautioned statements to the Police.

Source: GNA

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.