The Confederation of African Football (CAF) today November 23, 2012 unveiled the shortlists for the 2012 Player of the Year and Ghana’s midfielder, Andre Dede Ayew, made it to the five-man list.
The Olympique Marseille’s playmaker will be competing with reining African player Yaya Toure of Ivory Coast.
The list was unveiled at a short ceremony in Accra.
The five-man list includes:
1. Alexander song (Cameroon and Barcelona),
2. Andre Ayew (Ghana and Olympique Marseille)
3. Demba Ba (Senegal and Newcastle United)
4. Didier Drogba (Cote d’Ivoire and Shanghai Shenhua)
5. Yaya Toure (Cote d’Ivoire and Manchester City)
The 2012 African player will be named at an award gala to be held December 20, 2012 at the Banquet Hall, State House, Accra.
By Ekow Quandzie