Fire razes private radio station in Bolgatanga

“A One” radio, a private radio station in Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region was on Tuesday morning razed down by fire, destroying everything in the structure.

The Metro Television Transmitter, which was also located in the premises of the radio station, was also burnt by the fire.

The radio station, which has the entire regional listener-ship and goes beyond the region to some parts of the Northern Region was a major competitor to URA radio, a regional radio station of the Ghana Broadcasting corporation (GBC).

Briefing the media, the Managing Director of AOne radio , Pastor Isaac Yine, attributed the cause of the fire to power fluctuations, and said he thanked God that no staff of the station was hurt.

According to him, a new transmitter acquired from France and installed about a month ago was destroyed.

Pastor Yine expressed the hope that management would work hard to get the station back to work to serve the general public , and commended the Ghana Fire Service for helping to put the fire off.

The Upper East Regional Minister, Mr Mark Woyongo , who visited the scene, consoled the management and staff of the station.

Ms Gifty Amoshie, a radio presenter,  who was on duty at the time of the fire outbreak, told the GNA that when she heard  fire sparks she rushed out of the studio to put off the metre.

She said when she returned to the studio, she realized that the whole building was engulfed with fire and she t made a distress call to the Fire Service.

Source: GNA

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.