Fire burns two stores at Adenta Powerland Junction

Two stores got burnt in early hours of Thursday morning, at the Adenta Powerland Junction, destroying goods worth several thousands of Ghana cedis.

Speaking with the Ghana News Agency (GNA), the owner of one of the stores, Madam Victoria Ahenkorah, said neighbours who saw the fire, came to wake her up at about 0100 hours.

When she arrived at the scene she found that her provision store and a cold store were in flames.

Personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service were informed and they came to put off the fire.

Almost all items including fridges, drinks, detergents, rice, cooking oil, biscuits, and a TV set in her store got burnt.

The items in the cold store, which were also destroyed completely belonged to Madam Patricia Mark-Aaba. They include two deep freezers containing livestock products, a sound system, a television set, weighing scales, ceiling fans.

Source: GNA

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.