Armstrong-Mortagbe to contest GFA disqualification
Armstrong-Mortagbe, a FIFA Administrative Instructor was last week disqualified by the GFA Elections Committee for alleged anomalies in his application alongside fellows Vincent Sowah Odotei and Foresight Alhassan, leaving incumbent Kwesi Nyantakyi to stand unopposed.
Speaking at a forum on Monday, the Executive Chairman of Krypton Global said that he would explore all avenues within the GFA to challenge his disqualification by the three-member committee made up of Richard O. Solomon, Emmanuel Annan, both legal practitioners and Emmanuel Gyimah, Deputy General Secretary of the GFA.
Armstrong- Mortagbe noted that he would channel his grievances through the arbitration channels within the GFA, but has ruled out going to the law courts.
The football administrator expressed faith in the judicial bodies of the GFA and therefore trusts them to deliver a judgment that will annul the verdict of the Elections Committee.
The former leader of the Accra Hearts of Oak supporter’s body said he has concrete stuffs to back his claim and will present his dossier to the respective authority in the coming days.
He assured that he has what it takes to steer the affairs of Ghana football and will do his humanly best to live that dream and aspiration.
Armstrong-Mortagbe has commended Nyantakyi on his achievement during his tenure, but believes he has the ‘magic wand’ to turn around the dwindling fortunes of Ghana football when given the nod.
He said his campaign is driven by the support for grassroots, which serves the basis and been abandoned in one way or the other.
Also disqualified were Vincent Sowah Odotei, Chief Executive of Kumasi King Faisal FC and Foresight Alhassan whilst another contestant, Nii Odarkwei Makenzy-Golightly withdrew.