Residents said it was the second time fire had destroyed peoples’ properties in recent times in the area.
Speaking to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) one of the occupants of the destroyed kiosks, Mr Eric Nti, a carpenter, said the fire started around 0500 hours in one of kiosks believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Mr Nti said the burnt items included personal belongings, bales of clothes and bags; bicycles, electrical sewing machines, cooking utensils and many other things that could be visibly seen at the site.
He added that two carpentry shops containing stuffing chairs, all kinds of wooden materials valued at several thousands of cedis, were also destroyed.
A tailoring shop, he said, with new clothes, was also reduced to ashes.
Meanwhile, the Ga-East Municipal Assembly National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) Coordinator, Alhaji Imam Mohammed had visited the scene to assess the extent of damage for assistance.
Some women found wailing at the destruction of their items appealed to the Government to come to their aid.