Home / General News / Private companies asked to invest in economy

Private companies asked to invest in economy

Share this with more people!

Mr Clement Osei-Amoako, Vice Chairman of the Greater-Accra Regional branch of the Ghana Chamber of Commerce (GCC), has stressed the need for the private sector to invest their money in the economy so that the money would remain in the country.

Making the call during a tour of the Tema Community Four branch of Evergreen Supermarket by members of the Greater Accra Regional branch of the Chamber, Mr Osei-Amoako said as the engine of growth, the private sector must complement the developmental efforts of the public sector.

He said looking at the competition facing the chamber it was important for the supply chain to work.

Mr Osei-Amoako lauded Evergreen Supermarket for its success.

Mrs Mercy Morrison, one of its Directors, said it started on a tabletop in 1988 and had reached its present level through hard work and perseverance by the staff.

She said 80 per cent of their products were imported, while the local products, forming the rest 20 per cent, come with packaging challenges.

She gave the assurance that they were ready to take whatever quality products produced by Ghanaians.

“We are Ghanaians and we have to develop our own resources”, she said.

Mrs Morrison also stated that plans were underway to open a branch in Accra within the next two to three years.

Source: GNA

Share this with more people!

Check Also

ECG, GWCL proposed tariff increment will compound Ghana’s economic crisis – TUC 

The Trades Union Congress (TUC) says the request by utility service providers in the country …