Home / Oil & Gas (page 18)

Oil & Gas

We need full participation in the oil sector – DCE

Mr Kwesi Bonzoh, the District Chief Executive of the Ellembelle District in the Western Region has stressed the need to involve the people of Nzemaland in the oil and Gas sector. This, he noted would help solve the basic needs issues of the people, adding “we cannot continue to wallow …

Read More »

First West Africa offshore training centre inaugurated

Mr Egbert Faibille Jnr, Acting Chief Executive Officer of Petroleum Commission, has said as a first step to enhance the capacity of Ghanaians in the oil and gas operations, it was important to reduce expenditure by indigenising training and minimizing overseas training. He said the government was committed to ensuring …

Read More »

Finance Minister must include petroleum revenue management in 2018 budget – Dr Manteaw

Mr Ken Ofori Atta, the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, has been called upon to include a reconciliation report on the management of petroleum revenue in the 2018 Budget to be presented to Parliament on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017. This requires that the Minister indicates to the House the stage …

Read More »

Ghana to criminalise abusive transfer pricing

Ghana is considering promulgating laws to criminalize the abuse of transfer pricing in its petroleum sector, the Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Petroleum Commission, Mr. Egbert Faible, has disclosed. According to Mr. Faible, the abuse of transfer pricing in the country’s budding petroleum sector was worrying and there was …

Read More »

Government examines options on AMERI deal – Minister

Mr Boakye Agyarko, Minister of Energy, has said government is looking at all options available to them with regards to the AMERI deal. He said government is also examining all the decisions in terms of the financial implications to the country. Mr Agyarko made the revelation when he appeared before …

Read More »

Ghana oil and gas sector scores high in Resource Governance Index 2017

Ghana’s oil and gas sector scores a satisfactory 67 of 100 points in the 2017 Resource Governance Index (RGI), making it the best performer in sub-Saharan Africa.  This is contained in a Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) release copied to the Ghana News Agency. The Index measures the quality of …

Read More »

AfDB and OpenOil launch report on how African governments manage extractive resources

The African Development Bank (AfDB) and OpenOil, a Berlin-based financial analysis firm, have jointly produced a report on how African governments use financial models to manage oil & gas and mining projects.  The report was launched at the 13th Annual General Meeting of the Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals …

Read More »

Over 700 Ghanaian businesses registered with Petroleum Commission

More than 700, Ghanaian businesses have  in the past 10 years  registered with the Petroleum Commission, Mr Benjamin  Boakye, Executive Director of  African Centre for Energy policy (ACEP) has said.     Mr Boakye said this during the 6th public session of Citizens Advisory Council in Takoradi.       The session was …

Read More »

There is no problem with gas stations in communities – Oil and gas Executive

Mr Ellis Prince Antsroe, Chief Executive Officer, Antils Oil and Gas has rejected suggestions that siting fuel and gas refilling stations at the outskirts of towns was the solution to gas explosions and its related loss of lives and property. “Settlements and businesses will always spring up around fuel stations, …

Read More »

Tullow Oil acquires 90% stake in four oil blocks in Côte d’Ivoire

Tullow Oil plc (Tullow), on Thursday, announced that it has acquired 90 per cent stake in four onshore blocks in Côte d’Ivoire. Petroci, the national oil company of Côte d’Ivoire, holds the remaining 10 per cent within the four acquired blocks namely, CI518, CI519, CI301 and CI302, which cover 5,035 …

Read More »