Home / General News (page 30)

General News

My administration inherited GH¢700m debt in DKM matter – Akufo-Addo

President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has given the assurance that government will pay back the deposits of all customers of the defunct ‘DKM’ micro finance company by the end of October. He said his administration inherited GH¢700 million debt in the “DKM” brouhaha from the previous government, but the official …

Read More »

Implementation of Act 992 would boost corporate governance — Registrar-General

Mrs Jemima Oware, the Registrar-General, on Friday said one key benefit of the new business law is its inherent strict requirements aimed to improve corporate governance. She said these strict requirements in the new Companies Act, 2019, (Act 992) would effectively eliminate the trend where some Companies existed only on …

Read More »

Remove legal barriers to SMEs registration – Economic Expert

Dr Godwin Kwame Adjei, a member of Institute of Directors, Ghana has called on the government to remove all legal and regulatory limitations that impede the establishment and registration of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs). He said such legal and regulatory requirements were too cumbersome and serve as a …

Read More »

More than 60% of Ghana road networks in terrible condition – Minister

Only 39 per cent of road networks in the country was in good shape when the government assumed office in 2017, Mr Kwasi Amoako-Atta, the Minister of Roads and Highways said on Friday. The remaining 61 per cent of the total 80,000 road networks in the country was poor and …

Read More »

Ghana government urged to regulate real estate agency services to rid industry of illegal income

Dr Jonathan Zinzi Ayitey, a Senior Lecturer, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, has stressed the need for the regulation of real estate agency services to rid the industry of fraud, laundering of illegal income, and tax evasion. He said appropriate regulation would minimise the effect of the vices …

Read More »

ARB Apex Bank urges banks to form partnerships to remain in business

Mr Kojo Mattah, the Managing Director, ARB Apex Bank, has asked rural Banks to enter into partnership arrangements to get the mutual support to keep them in business. He said the partnership arrangement would enable the banks to meet the Minimum Capital and other regulatory requirements, and change the operational …

Read More »

Akufo-Addo inaugurates reconstituted Bono Regional House of Chiefs

President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Thursday inaugurated a reconstituted 19-member Bono Regional House of Chiefs to start his two-day working visit to the Region. Before the reconstitution, the Brong-Ahafo Regional House of Chiefs had a membership of 50 and the inauguration was necessitated following a successful Referendum in December, …

Read More »

VRA happy with work on 17MW solar power project

Mr Emmanuel Antwi-Darkwa, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Volta River Authority (VRA), has expressed satisfaction with the progress of work on the 17-megawatt solar project in the Upper West Region. He commended the contractor in charge of the project, who according to him paid attention to the operational …

Read More »

Two in court for theft of 100kg gold worth $5.8m

Two persons have been put before an Accra Circuit Court for allegedly stealing 100 kilograms of gold valued at $5.8 million. Seth Owusu and Bachiro Pafadnam have been charged with conspiracy to commit crime and stealing. Accused have pleaded not guilty and have been admitted to bail in the sum …

Read More »

Building without permit is punishable offence – Director

Madam Gifty Nyarko, the Director of Physical Planning Department Sunyani West Municipality, has reminded prospective land buyers and developers that they could be punished for building without a development permit and a certificate. She said it is an offence punishable by law to build without the documents and that offenders could be …

Read More »